babyblogmarie

Welcome to my journal and ongoing photo album.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum

This is what dad's left hand looked like before the accident.

On Thursday my dad fell at work and cut his arm on a broken ceramic pot!  The cut was very deep, severing nerves, muscle, tendons, and an important artery.  He went to the ER by ambulance to have the wound stabilized, then went home to rest until the next morning, when the hand surgeon would be available.  Mom and I took care of him, but by 11pm he couldn't stay home any longer and we drove him back to the hospital.  The doctors had sent him home without pain medication, telling him instead to go to Walgreens.  If the pain was too much he should come back, they said.  However they didn't mention that we would have to wait three hours at the ER to get medication and a bed.  Dad sure was sorry that he didn't insist on being admitted earlier in the day!  But I enjoyed waiting in the ER with dad and mom for three hours, I didn't complain at all!  My dad was grateful for my company as well.  His surgery went well and now he's at home, resting, and helping me blog.

All wrapped up, thanks to Denver Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment